Example using JSON with Flexible Device Drivers?

Questions related to AggreGate device drivers, reading and updating data from/in various devices and data sources.

Example using JSON with Flexible Device Drivers?

Postby mike/agileautomation_ca » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:47 am

Hi, I'm looking at building a LabVIEW device driver and am considering just parsing data using the flexible driver, but being new to all this I'm not sure how much of the expressions work for parsing JSON table data. Ideally, I'd like to build a dynamic metadata driver in LabVIEW so I can easily add channels and hardware, but need help with the expressions.

Are there any example devices or JSON parsing devices in the community or a place to see some of these and how they are built? Not much help in the help document aside from the what it all is, nothing on real world parsing examples, which are needed.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Mike
mike/agileautomation_ca

Re: Example using JSON with Flexible Device Drivers?

Postby mike/agileautomation_ca » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi I'm still trying to get some custom device communications working and can't figure out how to use the flexible device or just a EthernetTCP device to parse the data. I can get either connected fine and the input string messages are showing my line of data such as (12.5, 344.3, 33.2) but I can figure out how to parse that into fields within a variable (assuming that is the way to do it, say in the flexible driver).

I can customize the data string from my other system to be anything I want, and really just want to parse a set of data stream in for live display/logging.
Any help with how to do this using these darn (so far confusing) expressions for this kind of data?

I can make any format to help, but can't seem to figure out how to even separate 2 comma delimited fields yet. More complex JSON structure would be nice too though.

Appreciate it.
mike/agileautomation_ca

Return to Data Acquisition